Am I the only one whose home office looks more like a storage room than an inspiring space right now? If you’re in the same situation, there’s no shame, let’s turn it around with these feminine home office picks!
Feminine home office decor doesn’t have to be all Barbie pink. The key is to find a cohesive muted colour scheme and pair it with warm metals and soft textures, for a space that it is inviting and comfortable.
Keep reading for cohesive finds to bring your home office to the next level!
Feminine home office decor:
(Note: this blog post contains affiliate links to products I genuinely like. All products are vegan to the best of my knowledge. If you click a button or a link and make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my work!)
Feminine office furniture
You might struggle to include all these items at once in your office (!), but I thought I’d include pieces for people with more traditional taste, as well as some more modern items. The stool (number 4) would be a good perch for a DIY desk – whether you buy it (number 5) or DIY it (number 7).
- Shelf ladder: if your desk was against a big wall, you could use two of these to frame it
- Oak desk: great if you’re going for a Scandi / light and airy look in your office
- Pink velvet accent chair: lovely for a reading nook
- Plum velvet knot stool: this would be a stylish perch for someone using a standing desk (I highlighted Knots Studio in Where to find vegan furniture in the UK (and beyond!) – check it out!)
- Sit/stand desk: it’s a bit of a challenge finding a feminine standing desk, but the white and oak colours help soften the look of an inherently bulky piece of furniture
- Writing desk: to me this, this desk evokes the desks of women many generations ago who would write letters to each other and have to publish their work with pseudonyms
- Laminate marble-effect worktop: if you want to go the DIY route, you could use worktops attached to the wall as a desk (that’s what we’ll be doing in our office – follow along on Instagram to be the first to see it when it’s done!)
- Dusty pink velvet footstool: a great little perch to meditate on or if someone wants to pop into your office for a chat
- White leather look chair: I don’t really like the grey/black office chairs, so here’s a lighter alternative
- White bookcase: great for displaying plants, art and books of course!
On the desk: storage, stationery and more
There are quite a few functional things needed in an office: tech, storage, stationery… Why not have them be beautiful too?
- Blush journal: I love journaling! To the point that I currently have three notebooks on the go…
- Gold and glass pen pot: putting my pens away (rather than having them scattered all over my desk) has been a gamechanger for how tidy my office feels
- Sandstone Surface laptop: what I’m typing on right now!
- Speckled cat vase: show the world you’re a crazy cat lady (or you know, just use to display a few flowers you picked/bought)
- Moon soy candle: Candles are always a good idea!
- Pretty pink plants: I love the idea of a succulent starter kit!
- Rose gold filing trays: I have these in my own office, writing this is a great reminder to go reorganise them…
- Purple agate bookends: at the time of writing these are unavailable, but do keep checking if you like them! (Also check out Etsy’s alternative suggestions on that page.)
Touches of texture
If you have the luxury of having a larger home office, you could create a reading / meditation nook with the rugs and pillows below!
- Oxford stripe cushion
- Cadiz floor cushion
- Diamond cushion
- Provence rug
- Tangier rug
- Striped rug
- Purple knot floor cushion
- Pink pompom cushion
Feminine wall decor / art
- Moon phases hanging brass wall decor: I love this for awkward narrow bits of wall that could do with a bit more magic! I’m thinking of getting a horizontal version for our office
- Quarterly goals wall calendar: I have both this one and the perpetual yearly calendar in my own office
- Let’s go girls print: can you listen to the opening line of this song and not feel motivated?!
- Purple plant print: I think these three prints in a row would bring some nature into your space, whether you’re green-fingered or can’t keep a plant alive!
- Dots plant print
- Green plant print
- Pastel beach wall art: something relaxing to look at when you’ve had enough of going through your emails haha.
- 2023 travel calendar: we’ve got this one in our kitchen as a “family calendar”, but it would work great in an office too!
This post was all about feminine home office decor ideas
You may also like:
- 3 festive home office decor ideas for Christmas and beyond
- My Instagram, where I’ll soon(ish) be sharing our feminine office transformation
This article was originally posted in January 2023. It was updated and re-published in April 2023.