Hi there! Am I the only one that feels like September has completely whizzed by? When I look back, there are some things I did accomplish, but I feel like we haven’t made many memories as a family. I also haven’t made much traction on my goals. I can’t believe it’s already October, and the end of the year is approaching, which makes me nervous… But let’s turn things around together!
An October reset involves reviewing September and outlining goals for October. It is an opportunity to reflect on accomplishments, challenges, and plans for the upcoming month, balancing productivity with family time and seasonal activities.
HOT OFF THE PRESS:
In this blog post, we’ll review September, plan for October, and discuss some fun seasonal activities. You can also watch it as a video below!
(Note: this blog post contains affiliate links to products I genuinely like. All products are vegan to the best of my knowledge. If you click a button or a link and make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my work!)
I like to do a monthly review to reflect on my accomplishments, what worked well, and what didn’t work. It’s a great way to give yourself credit and learn from your experiences.
Accomplishments in September
- Figured out a plan for my office: I moved my desk and started making improvements.
- Handled administrative tasks for my children: Preparing for the back-to-school period involved paperwork and adjustments.
- Improved my fitness routine: Started enjoying dance workouts with The Fitness Marshall.
- Introduced the “333 System” for productivity: Simplified my daily tasks and focused on important goals (more on that soon!).
- Got my period back! After a very long cycle, it finally came back.
- Organised existing content on my blog (that you’re reading right now): Improved website structure and content clusters.
- Started making smoothies again: Got a new part for my blender and started making green smoothies again (recipe in this book).
What worked well in September
- Consistent posting schedule: Set specific days for blog and YouTube content, providing structure.
- Morning routine: Waking up early, getting dressed, and ready for the day improved productivity.
- Involving children in household tasks: Encouraging them to help with tasks created a fun and educational experience.
- Change in childcare arrangements: Enjoyed daily walks during pick-up and drop-off times.
- Clearing the decks: Reframing going through my inboxes as “clearing the decks” made me actually want to do it.
- Treating illnesses promptly: Addressed a back-to-school bug with medicine and fresh air as soon asI started getting symptoms.
- Preparing food in advance: Did a bit of food prepping to reduce food waste and try to eat a bit healthier.
What didn’t work well in September
- Getting distracted by research and planning: Overthinking and procrastination due to fear of success or discomfort.
- Lack of Sunday morning planning: Failing to decide on weekend activities ahead of time.
- Ordering the wrong furniture: Assembling a piece that didn’t fit in our office because of a diagonal wall…
- Excessive screen time for children: Resorting to screen time too often because we didn’t think of alternative activities / were too tired ourselves.
- Feeling overwhelmed before appointments: Anxiety about getting out the door on time.
- Using video games to cope: Spending too much time playing addictive games like Civilization V.
- Feeling drained during my period: Struggling with fatigue (I’ll be exploring cycle syncing nutrition soon!).
Now, let’s focus on my top three goals for October:
- Launch winter capsule wardrobe: Create and launch a vegan winter capsule wardrobe and aim to make 29 sales.
- Post five YouTube videos: Create and upload five YouTube videos and aim to gain 29 subscribers.
- Follow Instagram plan: Implement a consistent Instagram posting strategy and aim to reach 1,290 followers.
To achieve these goals, I’ve broken down my actions, feelings, and thoughts for each following Brooke Castillo’s self-coaching model.
Launching winter capsule wardrobe
- Result: Make 29 sales.
- Action: Create and launch the winter capsule wardrobe.
- Feeling: Confident.
- Thought: “This is helping me and others.”
Posting five YouTube videos
- Result: Have 29 subscribers (come help me out! 😊)
- Action: Create and upload five YouTube videos.
- Feeling: Committed and humble.
- Thought: “I’m building something valuable / assets.”
Following Instagram plan
- Result: Have 1,290 followers (come help me out here too haha).
- Action: Implement the Instagram posting plan.
- Feeling: Content.
- Thought: “I’m building connections.”
Making memories in October
Apart from my goals, I also want to focus on making memories with my family in October. I plan to incorporate one seasonal activity from a list of 50 autumnal activities I found into my Saturdays to ensure we’re creating lasting memories.
This post was all about doing an October reset
October is here, and it’s time for a reset. I’ve reviewed my September accomplishments, what worked well, and what didn’t, and I’ve set clear goals for the new month. Additionally, I’m determined to make more memories with my family and embrace the autumn season.
Thank you for joining me on this journey, and I look forward to sharing more updates and insights in the future! Let’s make October a productive and memorable month!