Originally, I was going to write a blog post about New Look vegan shoes directly – after all, they do have some decent looking vegan shoes at a very affordable price point. But after a bit of research, I couldn’t bring myself to do it.
New Look is clearly a fast fashion brand, with hundreds of products added to their range every week. But this production speed has a cost, both for the environment and the people who make the clothes, accessories and shoes they sell. While New Look has created a large partnership with the Vegan Society, it stills falls short regarding the use of eco-friendly materials and transparency on their labour practices.
Fortunately, I’ve found a few alternatives for you! I understand that for many people, New Look vegan shoes is all they can afford right now. So I’ve done my best to find options that are as affordable as possible.
Table of contents
(Note: this blog post contains affiliate links to products I genuinely like. All products are vegan to the best of my knowledge. If you click a button or a link and make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my work!)
Alternatives to New Look vegan boots
New Look have a lot (!) of black ankle boots, hence why I featured several alternatives here.
- Bernet Women’s Vegan Leather Platform Boots | Black
- Gorilla Vegan Leather Heeled Boots | Black (I don’t typically wear heels, but these could make me change my mind!)
- Vallby Vegan Velour Suede Chelsea Boot | Black
- Women’s Vegan Leather Low Ankle Boots | Black
- Women’s Vegan Suede Point Toe Boots | Black (these would really elevate a jeans + T-shirt outfit)
- Women’s Luxe Vegan Leather Smart Chelsea Boots | Multiple Colours (ah the Chelsea boot, a classic for a reason!)
Alternatives to New Look vegan sandals
As much as I liked the look of their dozens of Chelsea boots, New Look’s sandals look quite cheap. Do yourself a favour and invest in quality sandals instead. Though I will admit that these aren’t as budget-friendly as the New Look shoes or my good old Havaianas – maybe bookmark this page to check back if they go on sale:
- Women’s Recycled Vegan Espadrille Slingbacks | Dark Blue (I’m originally from the South West of France, so anything with the word “espadrille” in it is a winner for me haha)
- Romina Desserto® Cactus Leather Vegan Sandal | Green (probably my favourite on this list!)
- Letizia Vegan Suede Slip On Sandal | Brown
- Women’s City Vegan Leather Sandals | Tan
- Juno Apple Leather Vegan Buckled Slide-On Sandal | White
- Cotton Velvet Vegan Braided Cross Strap Slider Sandals | Pumpkin Orange (these are definitely more of an investment, but I wanted to include them as they echo the fun colour New Look sandals come in; they’re also available in green, blush and gold)
Alternatives to New Look vegan trainers
A basic building block of our wardrobe, here’s how to do trainers the right way:
- Pole Vegan Leather Unisex Trainers | White
- Hayley Stud Detail Vegan Leather Slip On Trainer | Black (I liked these so much I included them in my free mini vegan capsule wardrobe – more on that soon!)
- Jor Recycled PET Unisex Vegan Trainers | Black
- R-Kind Unisex Vegan Leather Trainer | Moon White (I’m strongly considering getting these myself!)
- Women’s NY Vegan Leather Slip-On Trainers | White
- Evolution Sustainable Vegan Sneaker | White
Alternatives to New Look vegan occasion shoes
I mentioned earlier that I don’t really wear heels, but I have to admit that these look good (if maybe a bit uncomfortable to little old grandma me haha)!
- Blacky Chic Desserto® Cactus Leather Vegan Stilettos | Black
- Vegan Suede High Heel Sandals | Nude
- Vegan Leather High Heel Sandals | Gold
- Vivien Vegan Patent Leather High-Heeled Slingback Sandals | Black (these last three pairs of shoes are definitely more of an investment, but hey if you’re a party girl who just got promoted, go for it!)
- The Manhattan Vegan Leather Stilettos | Black
- The Las Vegas Vegan Leather Glittered Stilettos | Platinum
This post was all about ethical alternatives to New Look vegan shoes
You may also like: 6 best vegan shoes from French brand Minuit sur Terre + how to style them.